|Home » Customer Service » Ink Cartridge Troubleshooting Tips|
Ink Cartridge Troubleshooting Tips - Top Printer Ink Problems Solved For HP, Epson, Dell Printers and More
For Compatible Ink Cartridges
Installing your print cartridge properly
- Your ink cartridges will last longer if you do not remove your cartridge from the protective wrapping until it's ready for use.
The print quality is not very good
- Run the head cleaning cycle 2 - 3 times.
The ink cartridge is not being recognized
- Be sure that you have removed the plastic strip covering the cartridge vent holes. (the plastic is generally yellow in color)
For Remanufacutured Ink Cartridges
Prints Only White Page
- Be sure tape has not been removed from printhead. - Air may be trapped inside cartridge. Ensure tape covering printhead has been removed. Wrap the cartridge in an absorbent paper towel and shake lightly.
White Lines and Streaks
- Printer contacts may be worn or dirty OR your printhead may be partially clogged. Try this to fix:
- The likely cause of this is that the internal pressure is unbalanced. To fix this rest cartridge (printhead facing down) on paper towel and allow excess ink to balance.
Color Mixing / Cross Contamination
- This is likely caused by one one color bleeding into another. To fix this set the ink cartridge (printhead down) onto folded, moistened paper towel for 5 minutes, then reinsert into printer.
Generally Poor Print Quality
- This is likely caused by paper fiber and/or debris buildup in the ink cartridge carriage. To fix this refer to your printer user guide to run routine cleaning cycles. We recommend running routine maintenance on your printer to maintain peak performance and prevent debris buildup.
Cartridge Not Registering
- To fix this (1) Verify that tape is removed from the printhead. 2. Gently wipe cartridge printhead and printer circuitry with a nonabrasive towel to ensure there is no debris. 3. Turn printer off. Unplug power cord and other cables. Wait 30 seconds. Plug cords and cables back in.
Dell Cartridges - Low Ink or Empty Ink
- It is very common for Dell ink cartridges to incorrectly display ink levels. If you ink level appears to be empty on the Printer Software please ignore this message & follow the instructions below to turn off or minimize the warning dialog box (please note, this works for the Dell M4640 & M4646 ink cartridges):