|Home » Printer & Ink News » Expert Interviews Series » An Interview with Janet Fouts, Tatu Digital Media|
An Interview with Janet Fouts, Tatu Digital Media
May 14, 2016
New technologies, by their very nature, have the ability to not only change the way things are done, but also to inspire others to embrace and use them for the greater good. This is the case of our next interview where a chance to see 3D printing up close and personal provided the impetus for someone to invest in the technology and to do something meaningful. We connected with Janet Fouts, CEO of Tatu Digital Media through a recent HARO query about how consumers are using 3D printing technology in today’s world. A chance encounter with someone from Enabling the Future, a group that helps 3D print hands for those that need them, inspired her to invest in the technology and to start 3D printing hands for the group.The interview was conducted via email and our questions with her answers appear below:
1) When and how were you first exposed to 3D printing and technology?
2) What made you decide to purchase a 3D printer? What make and model of 3D printer do you currently own?
3) What software are you using and what types of materials? Have you thought about expanding at all moving forward?
4) What types of things have you printed to this point? How did you get paired up with Enabling The Future?
5) How satisfied would you say you are with the quality of what it prints? Now I'm very satisfied. Even though I'm a bit of a geek the learning curve was challenging.Parts didn't stick or got stringy, I made a lot of rookymistakes. Now I'm feeling really good about the quality I can print.
6) What types of issues have you had with your printer, if any?
7) How hard was it to learn to use effectively and efficiently?
8) Based on experience, have you thought about integrating it into your business, Tatu Digital Media at all? Why or why not?
9) What are your future plans as far as 3D Printing is concerned?