|Home » Expert Interviews Series » 2.20.13: Expert Interview - Sri Solur|
Expert Interview: Sri Solur
February 20, 2013
We originally spoke to Sri Solur back in July 2012 with regards to what HP was doing in mobile printing. At that time, we agreed to revisit with him six months down the road. That time has come, and here are what he had to say this time:
1. When we last spoke it was July, so what would you say are some the developments HP has made since then?
2. Another thing we had discussed was that HP was the first OEM to develop a product that was completely "printer agnostic". To the best of your knowledge, are you guys at HP still the only ones that have managed to do this? If so, why don't you think more companies have embraced this type of strategy (in general)?
3. With the most recent announcement with HP and Walgreens, I noticed at the end of the article that in future releases of this ePrint service app, there would be versions for both Android and Blackberry. Does this mean that HP thinks that RIM is going to manage to stick around for another few years?
4. I know that as part of the Fall Printing Launch, HP Introduced a new version of ePrint Enterprise, is that solution printer-agnostic as well?
5. I'll end with the same questions I did last time: Where do you see HP?s cloud going in the next 5-10 years? Where do you see the “cloud” going industry-wide? What other market trends do you see emerging and how is HP responding to them? Has anything changed since July when we spoke?
Sridhar Solur, HP’s director of Mobility and Cloud services, is the founder of the company’s CloudPrinting business and is credited with creating and operating an incubation sandbox for all of HP’s Web 2.0-based startup businesses. Sridhar is a business leader with a consistent track record of incubating, building, growing and managing new businesses in large organizations internationally. His specialties are corporate ventures, innovation management and management consulting.