|Home » Expert Interviews Series » 2.26.13: Expert Interview - George Alonzo, HP|
Expert Interview — George Alonzo, HP
February 26, 2013
1) Now that the first two OfficeJet Pro X printers and multifunctions have come to market, will others follow in this line within 2013, or are these the only units that will be released this year?
The HP Officejet Pro X line ranges in price and specifications to fit our customers' needs. HP will continue to add to the HP Officejet Pro X line moving forward.
2) In regards to the speed, with the page-wide technology I read that they were capable of 70 ppm, however the ISO print speed is given as 36ppm on the Pro X451 and 476 and as 42ppm on the X551 and 576. Can you explain a little more about how the speed was calculated? As part of my coverage of similarly-featured Memjet printers, they have told me their print speeds are 60 ISO ppm.
The HP Officejet Pro X551dw Printer and the HP Officejet Pro X576dw MFP were both tested by the Guinness World Records and were awarded the “the world’s fastest desktop printer” title. The print speeds listed cover the series’ professional mode. In general office mode, certain models (the X551 and X576) print black or full color at speeds up to 70 pages per minute, which allows for faster speeds while retaining a high quality of print.
3) As far as the 4.3” touch screen goes, I noticed that it refers to the ability to touch and swipe. Is that a new feature designed to make it more of a “Tablet”-like experience, or have your touch screens been that way all along? As a related question, are you able to access a variety of apps through the touch screen as well?
Touch technology is a feature that HP has invested in across its entire consumer portfolio and has expanded into its business offerings. HP?s touch technology for its printer control panels have been in use for multiple years, and are continuously upgraded with new software and applications. HP's, and its partners? printer apps, can be accessed through the touch screen.
4) Given the push for printers and multifunctions do more than just produce physical output, are there any document management tools that are included or accessible from these printers?
The HP Officejet Pro X Series offers IT management capabilities and solutions such as HP Web Jetadmin which allows IT professionals to set and manage policies for their network of printers.
5) Now that these fast and powerful devices have come to market, where do you see the overall office printing market going for the next 5-10 years? Will there be a push for other printers that offer the functionality of an inkjet, yet the speed and print quality of a laser?
Yes, with the introduction of the Officejet Pro X Series, we are excited to introduce an inkjet line that offers up to twice the speed of laser printers at up to half of the cost. We see the growth of ink in the office as a continuing trend over the next five to ten years and will continue to invest in innovation to maintain our leadership in the category.