|Home » Expert Interviews Series » An Interview with the Liza Wallach-Kloski, Co-Founder HoneyPoint 3D|
An Interview with the Liza Wallach-Kloski, Co-Founder HoneyPoint 3D
January 19, 2016
In today’s segment of our Expert Interviews, we continue to explore the larger topic of women 3D printing with Ms. Liza Wallach-Klosk. She along with her husband Nick founded their company HoneyPoint 3D which has attracted lots of attention over their young history. Among those taking notice include CNNMoney, SF Business Times, and the San Jose Mercury-News. Now you can add Castle Ink to that long list of companies who wish to bring attention to their amazing work in the bay area. The interview with Liza was conducted via email and our questions with the her answers appear below:
1) When was HoneyPoint 3D founded and why?
2) Who are the key employees in the company and their backgrounds? What role(s) does each play?
3) Can you talk a little bit about your company and what services you offer to consumers?
In the Rapid Prototyping division we do everything from help you draw out your idea on 2D paper to CAD modeling to 3D printing. We also have high end 3D scanners and very talented CAD engineers.
4) What made you choose Type A Machines as opposed to any of the other 3D printers out on the market today? Given the price point, it would appear this is not meant for the casual user. Who is the intended audience for machines like these?
5) What types of prints and materials are available with the Type A printers? Do you carry any of the various filaments and materials in store and online?
6) For a user that knows what he/she is doing, is the machine "hackable" or customizable at all?
7) If someone is not ready to purchase yet, what types of files can you print in-store?
8) As a woman in the field of 3D printing and design, did you face any barriers to your entry into the industry?
9) What advice, if any, would you give to young girls who are interested in entrepreneurship, design, and the world of 3D printing? How should they look to shape their education and what skills should they try to learn?
10) Where do you expect HoneyPoint to be in the next 3-5 years? Will you be building more brick and mortar stores? Will you look to expand services and printers?
You can see more information about HoneyPoint 3D by looking at their social media sites listed below or visiting them at their brick and mortar store located at 6127 La Salle Ave. in Oakland, CA. Additionally they can be reached via phone at 510-516-6127 or through email, firstname.lastname@example.org.